Safely Remove Sludge From Gasoline and Diesel Engines
Unlike Many Flush Products, Cleans Both Engines and Automatic Transmissions
AMSOIL Engine and Automatic Transmission Flush’s (Product Code: FLSH) potent, detergent-based formula safely removes sludge and deposit build-up to help improve fuel economy, increase performance and reduce emissions. It also promotes lower operating temperatures and reduces oil consumption. Unlike many flush products, AMSOIL Engine and Automatic Transmission Flush is a multi-use formulation that is engineered to clean both gasoline and diesel motors and automatic transmissions.
AMSOIL Engine and Automatic Transmission Flush is safe on parts and can be easily disposed of with waste oil. It is compatible with both petroleum and synthetic oils.
- Results in just one treatment
- Improves fuel economy
- Reduces emissions
- Reduces oil consumption
- Restores engine power
- Extends engine and automatic transmission life
- Multi-use formulation cleans engines and automatic transmissions
- For use in gasoline and diesel engines
- Compatible with petroleum and synthetic oils
- Compatible with seals and gaskets
- User-friendly detergent-based formula allows for easy disposal with waste oil
- Preps engine for installation of AMSOIL synthetic motor oil
AMSOIL Engine and Automatic Transmission Flush Product Code Pkg/Size FLSHCN-EA 16-Ounce Bottle FLSHCN-CA 16-Ounce Bottle (case of 12) FLSH05-EA 5-Gallon Pail FLSH55-EA 55-Gallon Drum
What Causes Engine Sludge and What Are the Symptoms?
New engines and transmissions run more efficiently, but over time they gather harmful deposits that cause power and performance loss. Stop-and-go driving, prolonged idling, short trips that do not allow the engine to reach full operating temperature, towing, the ingestion of airborne dirt, fuel dilution, water condensation and oxidized oil all can cause sludge build-up in engine oil and transmission fluid.
As it settles, sludge clogs narrow oil passages, restricting oil flow to vital parts, especially the upper valve train area. In transmissions, deposits can form on clutch plates, causing hesitation and erratic shifting. Ultimately clutch glazing can set in, reducing the life of the transmission.
Deposits and sludge build up in engines and transmissions can accelerate wear, causing power loss and increased fuel consumption.
A Clean Engine Can Improve Fuel Economy and Engine Performance
Installing new oil or transmission fluid into a dirty vehicle may not be enough to remove engine sludge and deposits and increase efficiency. The detergents and dispersants in some lubricants may not be able to handle leftover sludge and deposits. The new lubricant soon becomes unfit for service, losing much of its ability to lubricate and protect your engine and actually accelerating the formation of more sludge and varnish, which can cost you money in unnecessary fuel consumption and mechanical repairs.
A clean engine can improve fuel economy and engine performance and using AMSOIL Engine and Automatic Transmission Flush when you change your oil is an excellent way to guarantee your engine stays clean. AMSOIL Flush restores both high- and low-mileage mechanically sound engines to peak efficiency. It is compatible with both petroleum and synthetic oils.
Removes Sludge and Deposits From Engines and Automatic Transmissions
Unlike many flush products, AMSOIL Engine and Automatic Transmission Flush features a multi-use formulation that dissolves and disperses sludge, varnish and deposits in both engines and automatic transmissions.
AMSOIL Flush prepares poorly maintained equipment for installation of new oil. It represents the first step toward restoring neglected equipment to top-notch performance. In just one treatment, AMSOIL Engine and Automatic Transmission Flush provides the following benefits:
Gasoline and Diesel Motors:
- Helps loosen sticky valves and rings, minimizing blow-by and reducing emissions
- Helps quiet lifter noise
- Reduces operating temperatures through sludge removal
- Easy disposal
Engine Cylinder Head Before Clean Up
Engine Cylinder Head After Clean Up
- Cleans deposits in oil cooler and ports
- Helps unclog fluid passages
- Cleans deposits and varnish from clutch plates, helping to improve efficiency
- Reduces shift delay for smoother operation
Automatic Transmission Clutch Plates Before Clean Up
Automatic Transmission Clutch Plates After Clean Up
AMSOIL Engine and Automatic Transmission Flush’s advanced formula of light base oil technology, powerful detergents and dispersants provides safe cleaning action. Due to its detergent-based formulation, used AMSOIL Flush can be easily disposed of with waste oil, making it more user-friendly.
AMSOIL Engine and Automatic Transmission Flush (FLSH) is recommended for diesel and gasoline engines, and automatic transmissions. It is not recommended for CVT transmissions or differentials.
How to Use AMSOIL Engine and Automatic Transmission Flush
Though it works in one treatment, AMSOIL Flush is safe enough to be used at every oil change. If using a flushing machine, follow the manufacturer’s recommendation. Otherwise, use the following guidelines:
- Add one 16-ounce bottle of AMSOIL Flush to engine oil fill port.
- Idle the engine for 10 to 15 minutes, then immediately drain the oil, ensuring enough time for the system to completely drain.
- Remove and replace the engine oil filter.
- Refill the engine with new engine oil in the viscosity grade recommended by the manufacturer.
- Engage the emergency brake.
- Add one 16-ounce bottle of AMSOIL Flush to transmission oil fill port.
- Idle for 10 to 15 minutes, shift through drive and reverse. Do NOT place vehicle under heavy load.
- Drain entire transmission and torque converter of fluid.
- Remove and replace the filter. (Important: FILTER MUST BE CHANGED prior to refilling with new transmission fluid.)
- Refill with new transmission fluid.
NOTE: It is not recommended to flush transmissions that do not have a removable pan or access to the transmission filter.
The AMSOIL Formula on How to Keep Your Engine Clean
A clean engine performs better and lasts longer. Clean your engine with AMSOIL Engine and Automatic Transmission Flush, then keep it clean with quality AMSOIL products:
- Replace the old oil filter with an AMSOIL Ea Oil Filter. AMSOIL Ea Oil Filters feature advanced full synthetic nanofiber technology, making them the highest efficiency filters that are available for the auto/light truck market.
- Fill the engine’s crankcase with the AMSOIL Synthetic Gasoline Engine Oil and AMSOIL Synthetic Diesel Engine Oil. AMSOIL Synthetic Engine Oils are highly resistant to oxidation and provide exceptional detergent/dispersant properties, helping keep your engine free of further sludge and varnish build-up.
Shipping for Online and Catalog Customers
Online and catalog customers receive FREE standard ground shipping on orders of $100 or more when shipped to a valid address in the continental United States, including APO and FPO military post boxes. AMSOIL does not ship to PO Boxes. The $100 minimum does not include taxes, fees or other charges. For online and catalog retail orders totaling less than $100, a flat shipping rate of $8.50 will apply in the continental U.S.
Please Note: AMSOIL Dealers and Preferred Customers are not eligible for free shipping. Orders containing only clothing and promotional materials totaling less than $20 are subject to $5 shipping and handling.
For more information, please visit the AMSOIL, Inc. website: AMSOIL Shipping, Sales Tax and Product Return Guidelines
Please visit the AMSOIL, Inc. website: AMSOIL Shipping, Sales Tax and Product Return Guidelines