Protects Diesel Engines From Blowby, Exhaust Gas Recirculation and High-Sulfur Fuels
An All-Season Oil Without the Use of Viscosity Index (VI) Improvers
AMSOIL Full Synthetic 10w30-SAE 30 Heavy-Duty Diesel Engine Oil (Product Code: ACD) is formulated with premium synthetic base oils that exceed both 10w30 multi-grade and SAE 30 straight-grade viscosity requirements. It provides outstanding performance in pre-2007 diesel engines in on-road applications and all model year diesel engines for off-road applications. AMSOIL Synthetic 10w30-SAE 30 Heavy-Duty Diesel Engine Oil contains premium additives with a high 12 TBN to neutralize acids from blow-by, exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) and high-sulfur diesel fuels. It protects against damaging piston deposits, ring sticking and sludge.
Unlike conventional SAE 30 motor oils, AMSOIL Synthetic 10w30-SAE 30 Heavy-Duty Diesel Engine Oil has a naturally high viscosity index (VI) and does not contain paraffin (wax). It has a -33°F pour point and qualifies for SAE 10w, making it an all-season multi-grade lubricant with a wide operating temperature range. AMSOIL 10w30-SAE 30 Heavy-Duty Diesel Oil is formulated without viscosity index improvers (VI). This shear stable formulation stops viscosity loss and associated bearing and cylinder bore wear. It is recommended for use with low- or high-sulfur diesel fuels and it is also recommended for gasoline engines requiring API SL or previous specifications. API CI-4+, CH-4, CF, CF-2, SL.
- SAE 10w30 performance without viscosity index (VI) improvers
- Superior protection over a broad range of operating temperatures
- Outstanding wear protection
- Neutralizes acids from blow-by, exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) and high sulfur diesel fuel
- Protects against diesel engine sludge, piston deposits and ring sticking
- Reduces diesel oil consumption and hydrocarbon emissions
- Cost-effective replacement for conventional oils
- Engineered for pre-2007 diesel engines in on-road applications as well as all model year diesel engines in off-road applications
- Formulated for both diesel and gasoline engines, including turbo-charged vehicles
- Extended oil change interval
AMSOIL Full Synthetic 10w30-SAE 30 Heavy-Duty Diesel Engine Oil Product Code Pkg/Size ACD1G-EA Gallon Bottle ACD1G-CA Gallon Bottles (case of 4) ACD30-EA 30-Gallon Drum ACD55-EA 55-Gallon Drum ACD27-EA 275-Gallon Tote
Protects Diesel Engines From Blowby, Exhaust Gas Recirculation and High Sulfur Fuels
AMSOIL Full Synthetic 10w30-SAE 30 Diesel Engine Oil is a heavy-duty diesel lubricant designed for use in commercial and industrial applications. It contains premium additives with a high 12 TBN to neutralize acids from blow-by, exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) and high-sulfur diesel fuels. It protects against damaging diesel engine sludge, piston deposits and ring sticking. In every engine tested (including Detroit Diesel, Caterpillar, Cummins and Mack), the advanced 12 TBN additive system of AMSOIL 10w30-SAE 30 Heavy-Duty Diesel Oil significantly reduced ring wear, ring breakage, cylinder bore polishing, cylinder lining wear, piston deposits and diesel oil consumption.
Reduces Oil Consumption, Hydrocarbon Emissions — Retains its Viscosity
AMSOIL Synthetic 10w30-SAE 30 Heavy-Duty Diesel Engine Oil loses only 6.4% of its mass to high-temperature volatility (conventional oils often lose over 15%), which reduces oil consumption and hydrocarbon emissions. It also allows the oil to retain its original viscosity after high-temperature service for continued dependable protection, fuel economy, peak engine performance and extended oil change intervals.
Retains Its High Viscosity Index (VI)
The viscosity index (VI) is the most important characteristic of any lubricant. It is a number assigned to a lubricant to describe how much their viscosity changes according to changes in temperature (104ºF to 212ºF). The VI indicates the degree of change; a high VI is desirable. Viscosity index improvers (additives) can be added to a motor oil to increase their VI, but some additives break down over time. Because AMSOIL Synthetic 10w30-SAE 30 Heavy-Duty Diesel Engine Oil has a naturally high viscosity index (VI) and is formulated without viscosity index (VI) improvers, it retains its high viscosity index (VI).
Special rust-inhibiting additives reduce rust, which makes AMSOIL 10w30-SAE 30 Heavy-Duty Diesel Oil ideal for equipment stored long term.
Extended Oil Change Intervals
AMSOIL 10w30-SAE 30 Heavy-Duty Diesel Engine Oil is a proven long-drain oil and can extend oil change intervals far beyond those recommended for conventional oils. Its unique synthetic formulation and long-drain additive system deliver the best possible engine protection, cleanliness and performance over extended oil change intervals, reducing vehicle maintenance and waste oil disposal costs. AMSOIL 10w30-SAE 30 Heavy-Duty Diesel Oil is recommended for extended oil drain intervals in unmodified, mechanically sound vehicles or equipment as follows:
Diesel Engine Service: Three times (3X) OEM* recommendation, not to exceed 50,000 miles/600 hours or one year, whichever comes first. Drain intervals may be extended further with oil analysis.
Gasoline Engine Service: Two times(2X) OEM* recommendation, not to exceed 15,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first.
*Original Equipment Manufacturer. Operating conditions and drain intervals for normal and severe service are defined by the OEM. Refer to your owner’s manual.
Oil Filter Service Intervals
Extended oil change intervals are based on the user following AMSOIL recommended oil filter service intervals. Install a new oil filter at time of oil change.
- AMSOIL Ea Oil Filters and Donaldson Endurance Oil Filters are full flow oil filters designed for extended oil drain intervals. They stop smaller particles, have less restriction and last longer than regular oil filters. For best performance, use AMSOIL Ea or Donaldson Endurance oil filters. If using other brands of oil filters, install a new oil filter at time of oil change then change at the OEM’s (original engine manufacturer) recommended filter change intervals.
- For maximum engine and oil life, AMSOIL Ea Bypass Oil Filters are specialized for the removal of small, wear-causing dirt particles. These filters are placed outside the main line of oil circulation, using an AMSOIL Bypass Oil Filtration System mount.
- Please visit our Oil Filter page to see all of these products and more.
Good to Know
- For best results, use AMSOIL Engine and Transmission Flush before installing AMSOIL synthetic motor oil.
- For maximum engine protection, use an AMSOIL Ea Extended Life Oil Filter.
- AMSOIL recommends checking the oil at a minimum of every 3,000 miles to maintain proper fill levels and maximum engine protection.
- Oil Analyzers, Inc., a division of AMSOIL, Inc., provides cost effective, quality oil analysis services.
- Most quick lube service centers will install these products upon request or you can install them yourself.
Where these viscosity grades are specified, AMSOIL Synthetic 10w30-SAE 30 Heavy-Duty Diesel Engine Oil (ACD) provides outstanding performance as a straight-grade SAE 30 for older 2- and 4-stroke diesels and as a multi-grade SAE 10w30 in modern 4-stroke diesels and gasoline engines. It is ideal for use in a wide variety of light- and heavy-duty applications, such as agriculture, off-road construction, trucking, mining, industrial (pumps and generators) and personal automotive or commercial transportation. It is recommended for use with low- or high-sulfur diesel fuels in standard, turbocharged or supercharged engines, all off-road engines and pre-2007 on-road engines.
AMSOIL Full Synthetic 10w30-SAE 30 Heavy-Duty Diesel Engine Oil is recommended for diesel engines, gasoline engines and other applications that require any of the following worldwide specifications:
- API CI-4+, CH-4, CF, CF-2, SL
- Global DHD-1
- ACEA A3/B3, E3, E5
- JASO DH-1
- Mack EO-M, EO-N
- Detroit Diesel 93K214
- Caterpillar ECF-1a, ECF-2
- Cummins CES 20076/20077/20078
- Volvo VDS-3/VDS-2
- Mercedes Benz 228.1/228.3/229.1
- MAN 271/3275
- MTU Type 2
- Ford WSSM2C921-A
Shipping for Online and Catalog Customers
Online and catalog customers receive FREE standard ground shipping on orders of $100 or more when shipped to a valid address in the continental United States, including APO and FPO military post boxes. AMSOIL does not ship to PO Boxes. The $100 minimum does not include taxes, fees or other charges. For online and catalog retail orders totaling less than $100, a flat shipping rate of $8.50 will apply in the continental U.S.
Please Note: AMSOIL Dealers and Preferred Customers are not eligible for free shipping. Orders containing only clothing and promotional materials totaling less than $20 are subject to $5 shipping and handling.
For more information, please visit the AMSOIL, Inc. website: AMSOIL Shipping, Sales Tax and Product Return Guidelines
Please visit the AMSOIL, Inc. website: AMSOIL Shipping, Sales Tax and Product Return Guidelines